Monday, March 30, 2009

THE HOLY PARADE

THE HOLY PARADE 1 Corinthians 4:8-13 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=1+Corinthians+4:8-13Dear Father, king of the ages,Would that your people were already filled! Would that they werealready rich! Would that they were already kings and sharing thereign with each other! For then I would be sharing in it too.We know all this grandeur awaits us in the kingdom that is tocome, but for now, give us the endurance to follow your apostles ina parade that is a spectacle to the world, to angels, and to men.Many are strong, but we may have to put up with weakness. Many areheld in honor, but we may be held in disrepute. We may have to behungry and thirsty, ill-clad, buffeted and homeless, and we mayhave to do toilsome labor with our hands.When I am reviled, help me to bless in return. When I ampersecuted, help me endure. When I am slandered, help me beconciliatory. To follow your apostles in this parade, I am willingto become the refuse of the world, the offscouring of all things!In the name of Jesus, give me a willing heart! Amen.

No comments: